(Gluten-Free w/ *Vegan Options)
In light of Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I would like to share my favorite Holiday bread recipe! Why my favorite you ask? Well, this recipe is quick, requires only one bowl, is INCREDIBLY moist, and has the perfect amount of SWEET! Have I sold you yet?
And to make things even more fun, you can customize this recipe with all of your personal favorites! Jalapeños? Cheese? Corn? All of the above? The sky's the limit!
- 1 pouch of our Gluten-Free VANILLA CAKE MIX
- 1 cup of our Gluten-Free ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1-1/4 cup Gluten-Free Corn Meal
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 2-1/4 cup Milk (Dairy or Non-Dairy)
- 2/3 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs (*If subbing out the eggs, we suggest using THE NEAT EGG for this recipe - This can be found at most local health food stores!)
- 8 oz. shredded cheese (Dairy or *Non-Dairy)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups of the following, your choice:
- Sliced Green Onions
- Chopped roasted Red Peppers
- Chopped pickled or Fresh Jalapeño Peppers
- Canned or thawed frozen Corn kernels
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, whisk the entire package of Vanilla Cake Mix, flour, corn meal, and baking powder. Next, add and whisk the following ingredients one at a time: Milk, oil, eggs (*or egg substitute). Once the batter is completely smooth, add in your optional “MIX-INS.” Using a spatula, pour the cornbread batter into a 13” x 9” baking pan. BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let completely cool and enjoy!
Side Note 1: We like to slather or cornbread with lots of HONEY!
Side Note 2: This recipe is great for Gluten-Free Corn bread stuffing!