Happy Tuesday, Friends!
Last week I posted a picture of my favorite finds from our San Diego, Little Italy Farmer's Maket. If you do not remember this picture, here were our favorite finds:
If you haven't been to this particular San Diego Market, you are truly missing out! It's basically the Mecca of all local farmer's markets. Crowds begin shopping at 8 am, and by noon it becomes its own city! Vendors line the streets all the way down West Cedar as people poor in with an eagerness to Shop till they drop! Which is greatly appreciated here at THE GOOD SCONE ;)
But any who, as my lovely husband was managing our booth last Saturday, I slowly drifted away to "use the bathroom." Although I did have to use the bathroom, in all honesty, my ADHD kicked in (I'm about 90% sure I really have this) and I needed a change of scenery.... This little trip turned in to a 30 minute adventure...whoops!
So what did I find on my little journey, besides some delicious Polish Dumplings and killer Vegan Tamales??? Well, I found the following: A cinnamon spice pack from Ground 2 Table, a juicy orange from a local farm stand, Apricot Jam from Jackie's Jam, and my favorite coconut milk from Mokoko. All of these items were compulsive, yet thoroughly enjoyed purchases.
When I got home later that afternoon, I decided to use these ingredients to create a deliciously GF and Vegan recipe I could share using our GOOD SCONE All-Purpose Flour. Thus, I asked our Facebook and Instagram friends to post recipe ideas on what we should make. The ideas came in and I was most intrigued by one of our friend's suggestion to make pancakes! PANCAKES!?!?..... the very thought got me instantly PUMPED!
After a few test batches, I am excited to say we have finally mastered this Pancake Recipe to share with you all - So without further ado,
HERE SHE IS - in all of her Glory :)
Vegan + Gluten-Free
- 1 cup of our AP Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Apricot Jam
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider or White Vinegar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of Orange Zest
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Grease your preffered pan or griddle, and preheat over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together our Gluten-Free Flour Blend, Ground Flax, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, and Salt.
- In a seperate, whisk all of the liquid ingredients together until incorporated (Apricot Jam, Coconut Milk, Vinegar, Orange Zest, and Vanilla Extract.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously until the batter is completely smooth. We recommend letting the batter sit for 3-5 minutes before cooking your pancakes.
- On the surface of your pan or griddle, start to cook the pancakes using 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the batter. Cook each side for approximately 1 to 2 minutes, or until each surface of the pancake begins to turn golden-brown.
- Remove each pancake from the griddle and serve with additional Jam, honey, or maple syrup. We also topped our Apricot-Orange Pancakes with fresh BLUEBERRIES! .... Delish