(Gluten and Dairy-Free w/ *Vegan Option)
In the BAKING world, creating recipes can go 1 of 2 ways. First way: the baking angels decide to bless your ingredients, oven time, and everything comes out SPOT. ON. The second way, which probably occurs 90% of the time: the baking angels go missing, your recipe looks and tastes nothing like you envisioned, and it's back to square one. This is why creating recipes is so daunting, it's a task that involves starting from scratch, re-cleaning your mixer, and eating 20 MORE COOKIES..
until you get it RIGHT!
Well friends, I am excited to announce that this particular recipe went perfectly the FIRST time around. WHAT?! Yes, I was surprised too. And oh boy they are good! So to all you chocolate chip cookie lovers out there.. You need to make some of these - REAL QUICK ;)
Happy Baking, Friends
(Serving size: 25 cookies)
- 2 - 3/4 cups of our Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 large eggs or *"Ener-G" egg replacer (the egg replacer works great in this recipe!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package of dairy-free chocolate chips (we use ENJOY LIFE chips!)
1. Heat oven to 375°F
2. Combine our gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine oil, both sugars, and beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Add the eggs (or *egg replacer), vanilla, and continue to beat.
4. Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, gradually add the flour mixture and beat on medium to high speed for three minutes. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon or spatula. place the dough aside for 5 minutes to "set" (this allows the flours to fully absorb the liquids in the mixture).
5. Drop dough with a cookie scoop or spoon onto a greased or silpat-covered baking sheet, two inches apart. Bake cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Note: Try not to over-bake these cookies - they will continue to cook out of the oven. Remove from the oven and enjoy :)
ENJOY WITH YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM! (we like "So Delicious" Peanut Butter Swirl... YUM!)