(Gluten-Free, *Vegan-Friendly, Low Glycemic)
There's something about banana bread that always has me coming back for more. I make one loaf and it last a total of two days (at most)! This is likely due to my husbands similar obsession with banana bread, but bottom line - we can never have enough in our house!
In recent weeks, several of you have asked for a low-glycemic recipe you can make with easy-to-find ingredients. So after doing quite a bit of recipe testing and revisions, we believe we have something special! This BANANA BREAD has everything you want - the moist factor, perfect amount of sweetness, and its truly a GUILTLESS indulgence. We hope you give it a try, because its pretty DELICIOUS :) Happy Baking, Friends!
- 2 cups of our Gluten-Free Flour mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut oil or vegetable
- 3/4 organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (GF)
- 2 eggs (*To substitute the eggs, we suggest using THE NEAT EGG, or *ground flax works great too!)
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and coat a 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk our Gluten-Free Flour mix, baking soda, salt, and dried cranberries (*If you prefer, you can substitute the cranberries with dried blueberries or cherries).
- In a large bowl, smash the ripe bananas with a fork. Once the bananas are a paste like consistency, combine the oil, coconut sugar, honey, vanilla, eggs (*or egg substitute), and milk. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and using a rubber spatula, stir until well combine.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- BAKE at 350° for 60 to 70 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool and enjoy!
Note: This banana bread freezes wonderfully if you would like to make multiple loaves for the month!