With Valentine's Day exactly a month way, we will be kicking off LOVE season by sharing 10 delicious recipes with you all! We are calling our celebration of recipes "The 10 Desserts of Valentine's Day."
To start us off, we bring you Dessert #1... CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES! These babies are a perfect combination of sweet and salty and only require 4 ingredients! So share some chocolate-peanut butter goodness with your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, friend, or child on February 14th! You'll be glad you did :)
- 1 "Good Scone" Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup coconut, vegetable, or canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup + *extra for garnishment of creamy peanut butter
* Optional, but WORTH IT!!!: 3/4 cup chocolate chips (*we use ENJOY LIFE chips because they're DAIRY-FREE!)
1. Heat oven to 375°F
2. In a large bowl or standing mixer, combine chocolate mix, oil, peanut butter, and water. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Turn off speed and scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue to beat for 2 additional minutes. *If adding chocolate chips, stir in at the end with spatula.
4. Once thoroughly combined, drop chocolate cookie dough with a cookie scoop or spoon onto a greased or silpat-covered baking sheet, two inches apart. *Using a teaspoon measurer, scoop a teaspoon of creamy peanut butter in the middle of each cookie. Bake cookies for 11 to 13 minutes and let cool once removed from the oven. Note: Make sure to bake your cookies at 375°, NOT 350°..... ENJOY!!!!!!