Valentine's Day Dessert #6
(SERVING SIZE: 22 COOKIES)
- 2 - 3/4 cups of our Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 large eggs or *"Ener-G" egg replacer (the egg replacer works great in this recipe!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (we use ENJOY LIFE chips!)
- 1 cup dairy-free white chocolate chips (we use "King David" Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips, which you can find at select grocery stores or online)
1. Heat oven to 375°F
2. Combine our gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine oil, both sugars, and beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Add the eggs (or *egg replacer), vanilla, and continue to beat.
4. Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, gradually add the flour mixture and beat on medium to high speed for three minutes. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon or spatula. place the dough aside for 5 minutes to "set" (this allows the flours to fully absorb the liquids in the mixture).
5. Drop dough with a cookie scoop or spoon onto a greased or silpat covered baking sheet, two inches apart. Bake cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Note: Try not to over-bake these cookies - they will continue to cook out of the oven. Remove from the oven and enjoy :)