Valentine's Day Dessert #7
(Gluten-Free w/ *Dairy-Free Option)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (GF)
- ½ cup cold milk (*or soy milk)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup of our Gluten-Free Flour mix
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter (*or dairy-free butter)
- 2 Tablespoons of butter or *spread to completely coat pan
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup chopped bananas
- 1 – 12 oz. carton or Cool Whip or Homemade whipped cream (dairy-free recipe: here)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Optional: Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
(Makes 6 medium crepes)
- Place 2 Tablespoons of butter (or dairy-free spread) into a medium-sized saucepan over low heat until melted. Leave on low heat.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, vanilla extract, milk, water, sugar, and salt until completely combined.
- Gradually add our Gluten-Free Flour Mix and whisk until batter is completely smooth.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter (or diary-free spread) to the mixture. Let batter sit for 2-3 minutes (batter will appear runny, but this is what you want!)
- Turn up the temperature on the saucepan to medium-high heat. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot griddle. As soon as you’ve poured the batter into the pan, tilt and make a swirling motion so the entire surface is covered.
- Cook the crepe for approximately 2 minutes until the bottom appears light brown. Use a rubber spatula to flip the crepe and cook the remaining side for no more than 1 minute. Remember: the first crepe is always the hardest to perfect! But it get’s easier :)
- Remove the crepe and complete this process with the remaining batter.
- Keep the finished crepes warm in the oven on a very low heat.
- Once all the crepes are made, add spoonful’s of equal parts chopped bananas and strawberries in the middle (end to end) of each crepe. Drizzle melted Nutella spread over fruit if desired. Spoonful 3 to 4 Tablespoons of whipped cream onto of fruit mixture and roll the crepe into a “burrito” shape.
- Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar and serve!
- Tip: Crepes take practice, but practice makes perfect!
Note: *We recommend Earth Balance Baking Sticks for Vegan Butter