(Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Low-Glycemic)
"As busy as life gets, a healthy energy bar can be a true LIFESAVER on the days when a million jobs need to be accomplished. Here at THE GOOD SCONE, we have a long list of favorite energy and protein bars, but nothing tastes better than a HOMEMADE bar packed with food that fuels the body and keeps you energized!
We recently came across an AWESOME company called "Moana Foods!" This awesome, San Diego-based food company has a line of delicious nut butters that are a step above the rest! And we've had our fair share of nut butters :) We particularly loved their Cashew Almond Butter and decided to make it the star of our Healthy Energy Bars! Continue reading on how to make these Energy-packed delights and where to get your hands on some "Moana Foods" Nut Butters!" :)
*Get more info and where to buy "Moana Foods" Nut Butters & Desserts at www.moanafoods.com
(SERVING SIZE: 12-14 bars)
- 1 cup of our Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1-1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/4 cup quick oats (GF)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (try and find unsweetened cranberries if you want to avoid added sugars)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup (divided, *see below) "Moana Foods" Cashew Nut Butter
- 1/4 agave or pure maple syrup
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cashews
OPTIONAL: Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons of Flax Seed!
1. Heat oven to 350°F
2. In a mixing bowl, combine our gluten-free flour, coconut shreds, dried cranberries, and quick oats in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, smash the ripe banana with a fork and combine *1/2 cup of cashew butter, agave or maple syrup, and water. Whisk these ingredients together until well incorporated.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture resembles a sticky dough. Set aside.
5. Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (with enough overhang on the sides for easy removal.) Add the mixture to the pan and use slightly wet finger tips to firmly pack down the "dough." Once evenly spread, pour the remaining *1/4 cashew butter over the top and evenly spread. Lastly, sprinkle the crushed cashews over the mixture and press nuts into the bars. BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes! Once out of the oven, let cool, cut into rectangles, and....